AFES Network Services LLC Acceptable Use Policy
AFES Network Services LLC Acceptable Use Policy
This statement represents guidelines for the acceptable use of AFES Network Services LLC. It is intended to be applicable only to the use of AFES Network Services LLC ("the Network"). In such instances where data communications leave "the Network" and are carried by other networks or the Internet, AFES Network Services LLC users and connecting networks are advised that the acceptable use policies of other networks are applicable, and must be complied with.
AFES Network Services LLC, "the Network" owned and operated by AFES Network Services LLC, has been established to:
- Provide high quality networking services to the business community and private users.
- Place networking resources within the cost limitations of non-profit and arts related organizations.
- Promote and enhance Internet network connectivity in the regions served by "the Network".
Requirements of Usage:
- To respect the privacy of the users of "the Network", and all networks accesible via "the Network".
- To respect the legal protection provided by copyright, license, and other applicable legal devices to programs, communications, and data.
- To respect the integrity of computing systems, and to not use "the Network" to compromise same.
- To respect common usage of Website and E-Mail services.
- Users are required to maintain working and current anti-virus and anti-malware protection on all devices connected to the "Network".
Specifically Acceptable Uses:
- Usage for private, personal or business communications.
- Usage for data communications in accordance with applicable laws.
It is not acceptable to use "the Network" to connect to or interfere with any device in violation of any law of the United States or any State or Local Government having competent jurisdiction. AFES will respond to complaints of "hacking" attempts of or actual intrusion of communication systems or devices promptly and to the full extent as allowed by law.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" for illegal purposes.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" to transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" to interfere with or disrupt network users, services or equipment.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" to transmit, download or upload any material in violation of copyright laws.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" to connect any torrent or peer to peer, P2P, filesharing program to other peer/server devices on the Internet.
- Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertisement, inappropriate filing of Usenet Articles, establishing peer to peer and/or torrent filesharing program connections to the Internet, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other devices accessible via "the Network"'s Internet connection.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" for the purposes of transmitting "Chain Letters," "broadcasting" messages to mailing lists or non-consenting individuals, nor any other type of use which could result in congestion of the Internet or "the Network"'s connecting networks, or which would significantly interfere with the connectivity of others.
- It is not acceptable to use "the Network" for any malicious purpose including to harm or harrass or "bully" any person in violation of any applicable law.
Limitations to transmission of email and other services
Due to the mass marketing abuses of the Network through illegal transmission of spam or other unauthorized
means of transmitting bulk email and due to the methods of attack against Internet services, AFES will block communications requests from various IP blocks from which these attacks originate.
We will attempt to notify administrators of IP blocks within the United States and resolve the issues as they arise in order to maintain communications with those segments of the Internet.
In the case of attacks originating from IP blocks assigned to forign countries, those segments of the Internet will be firewalled and communications with those segments restored only on request from competent parties.
Reselling or unauthorized sharing of connection to the Internet including server hosting for gaming or other purposes
- It is not acceptable to install any server, software, or device on the network for the purposes of offering a connection to others for online gaming or any function not specifically approved as related to the client's business.
Requests for public IP assignemnt and/or Port Forwarding requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis and will be installed after approval by the AFES support team. Requests for public IP / port forwarding must include the purpose of the access and the specific devices to be accessed. Public IP /Port Forwarding will be periodically reviewed for impact on the network and may be subject to commercial billing rates.
- It is not acceptable to allow any person other than the subscriber access to the Network using the subscribers Log In User Name password authentication or allow unauthorized persons access to the Internet by any other method including wired connection or wirless broadcast (connection sharing). AFES considers authorized persons to be employees, family or guests of same who are located on the service premisis. This provision is primarily intended to prevent the reselling of service by any means.
- Unauthorized reselling of service will result in termination of the account or additional billing of the standard monthly subscription rate.
- Installation of campus networks is available at additional cost.
Telephone Toll Charges
It is the subscribers responsibility to ensure that any telephone number utilized to reach the network servers is toll free from their calling location or telephone prefix. AFES Network Services LLC will not accept responsibility for any long distance, toll, charges incurred by the subscriber.
Violation of Policy:
AFES Network Services LLC will review alleged violations of Acceptable Use Policy on a case by-case basis. Violations of policy may result in additional billing as noted, termination of services to the user and/or, when applicable, referral to the appropriate law enforcement agency for appropriate legal action.
Usage of "the Network" constitutes an agreement to abide by these requirements.
Usage by Non-Members:
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising (spam) messages to this domain or network may result in the imposition of civil liability
against you in accordance with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45 and any other applicable laws.
Payment for service is due within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Statements are available upon request. Method of payment includes Cash, Check or Credit Card. Unprotected credit card numbers are not to be sent via end-user messaging technologies.
Please address all questions or comments regarding this policy statement to:
admin@Afes.com BACKto the AFES home page.